As a mother to two toddlers (2 and 4 year olds) that is now going into a second season of (forced) homeschooling, I am all about building a library free preschool homeschool printables!
While I am no professional teacher, I need to find a way to create a lesson plan and preschool curriculum to keep both me and my little ones on track. Otherwise it would be grazing on snacks and Amazon Prime video all day (educational programming of course!)
Simple Budget Planner
Sign up and get instant access to our FREE Simple Monthly Budget Planner!
I can tell you that there certainly is no shortage of free printables for budding online learners. From those that focus on sight words to various other fun preschool themes, your young learners will be occupied for more than a few minutes with these fun learning activities.
While I don’t normally write about things like lesson plans and preschool worksheets, I am all about educational printables of any kind!
As a mother to 5 children, we need to have some back up hands on activities for those rainy days and down time where they would otherwise be back in school. Having my own personal library of free printables allows me to work on somewhat of a preschool curriculum without feeling like I want to pull my hair out.
Between supplies, clothes, and new schedules, it can take a lot of time and money to prep a child for the school year. Continue reading…
While I would absolutely love to be able to send my little ones to a Montessori based school, unfortunately there is not one even close to here (and I’m not about to drive an hour one way!)
For the time being, we will have to keep building up our toolbox of printable worksheets and educational activities to keep them out of my hair..I mean…keep them learning and up to date on their learning with these amazing printable pack of resources ranging from reading curriculum to letter recognition.
Save Money With The Ultimate List Of Free Preschool Homeschool Printables For Young Learners
Once I really started to look into available free printables for my little ones, I was simply amazed by the resources available.
The great thing about having young learners at home is that there are so many FREE preschool worksheets available online. It’s quite simple to find free curriculum for homeschool encouragement.
The list provided below includes a wide range of free printable resources for preschool lessons for any kind of homeschool family. From letter recognition, reading comprehension, and number recognition, there is no shortage of free lesson plan ideas for homeschool parents to keep their little learners engaged.
Free Shape And Color Preschool Homeschool Printables
Work on both color and shape recognition while having some fun coloring also!
- Color Cards from Gift of Curiosity – Color cards are fun little flashcards to help with color recognition of 11 different, common color.
- Crayons Colors Chart from 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Work on number recognition and color recognition at the same time with these crayon coloring chart.
- Crayon Color Matching Game from A to Z Teacher Stuff – Have a productive homeschooling experience with these crayon coloring printable pack.
- My Book of Shapes and Coloring Posters from Free Homeschool Deals – A cute eight-page mini coloring book that preschoolers and kindergarteners alike will love.
- Shape Sorting Worksheets from Gift of Curiosity – A pack of six different worksheets to help young children learn to identify eight different shapes.
- Shapes Themed Printables Packet from Real Life at Home – A printable pack of five free worksheets that include shape match, shape tracing, shape names, shape find, and shape patterns.
- Shape Play Dough Mats from Royal Baloo – For young children who love to play with playdough, these mats are great for manipulating dough into shapes.
- Shape Tracers and Matching Printables from 1+1+1=1 – A fun and simple shape tracer that includes 20 free printables to add to their preschool unit studies.
- Wikki Stix Shape Tracing Pages from Gift of Curiosity – Practice eight basic shapes by manipulating Wikki Stix. Great for both shape recognition and fine motor skills.
ABC As Easy As 123…
This section of free worksheets and printable activities focus on letter recognition. There free downloads include flashcards for both upper and lower case and fun alphabet matching games.
Alphabet flashcards and posters
Make sure your preschooler doesn’t get bored with the same old flashcards with a variety of alphabet flashcards and posters.
- ABC Alphabet Cards from Mama Miss – Brightly colored free printable sheets with letter recognition of tracing upper and lower case letters.
- ABC Cards: Upper and Lower Case from 3 Dinosaurs – A cute printable to assist with letter recognition.
- Alphabet Flash Cards from Itsy Bitsy Fun – Free printable alphabet worksheet with fun little bright characters.
- Alphabet Flash Cards and Wall Posters from Homeschool Creations – A is for Apple, these classic flashcards can easily be added to any preschool lesson plan.
- Printable Alphabet Letters from Contented at Home – Brightly colored alphabet letter flashcards.
Alphabet activity pages
Need more free printable resources for letter recognition beyond simple flashcards? Here are 22 printable packs for preschoolers.
- Lego Duplo Alphabet Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Combine the fun of learning letters with Lego Duplo blocks.
- Bottle Cap ABC Matching Pages from Mama’s Learning Corner – upcycle your old plastic bottle caps with this pack of letter matching pages.
- Do-a-Dot Printables for A-Z from Crystal & Co. – Work on letter recognition while teaching your preschooler fine motor skills of using the do-a-dot markers.
- Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Matching from One Beautiful Home – A cute letter matching game to add to your free homeschool printables.
- A-Z Do-a-Dot Worksheets from Confessions of a Homeschooler – Young learners love the Do-a-Dot worksheets.
- Uppercase Alphabet Color and Trace Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Help your preschooler with upper case letter recognition with these cute tracing and coloring sheets.
- Lego Duplo Alphabet Cards from One Beautiful Home – Encourage fine motor skills of building letters with Lego Duplo blocks.
- Uppercase Block Letters & Lowercase Block Letters from The Measured Mom – 26 printable worksheets with upper and lower case letters plus a 150 ideas on how to use them!
- Alphabet Mazes from 1+1+1=1 – Have them draw the maze or use small items like beans ot pom poms to work through the maze.
- Alphabet Playdough Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Using Playdough to manipulate letters is a fun, interactive way to teach letter recognition to young learners.
- Alphabet Picture Tracing from Totschooling – Worksheets with basic letter tracing and some fun animal tracing. These worksheets work well for letter recognition as well as fine motor skills.
- ABC Coloring Pages from 3 Dinosaurs – An interactive way to work on learning the alphabet while spending some time coloring. Don’t forget to grab some fat crayons, perfect for little hands.
- ABC Color by Number (Uppercase) from 1+1+1=1 – A cute combination of color by number, letter tracing, and a coloring page!
- ABC Dot Marker Upper and Lower Case from 3 Dinosaurs – A simple and fun Do-A-Dot printable perfect for little hands.
- Alphabet Templates from Quality Kids Crafts – Large printed hallow letters to color, paint, or place small items inside of.
- Alphabet Pattern Block Printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler – Work on learning the alphabet and patterns at the same time with this free, printable worksheet.
- ABC Tracing Pages with Playdough Mat from 3 Dinosaurs – A simple ABC tracing mat with directional arrow to help young learners.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages from Mr. Printables – Combine the fun of coloring with learning the alphabet!
- Alphabet Tracing Sheets Busy Bag from Money Saving Mom – Busy bags a perfect way to keep little ones active on the go. For this activity, make sure you have your laminator ready, a fresh stack of laminating sheets, and dry erase markers! And of course some gallon Zip-Locks to store everything in.
- Lowercase Alphabet Color by Number from All Our Days – Make sure your little learners are working on both upper and lowercase letter recognition with these fun printables.
- Q-Tip Painting Alphabet Printables from 1+1+1=1 – If your kids love the Do-A-Dot printables and getting a little messy, then they will love these Q-Tip painting ABC printables.
Alphabet writing practice
While it’s fun to trace and paint letters, learning to write the letter by hand is very important for homeschooled preschoolers.
- Lowercase Handwriting Worksheets (Letters of All Sizes) and Uppercase Handwriting Worksheets (Letters of All Sizes) from The Measured Mom – Practice writing upper and lower case letters with these printables that have various size letters on them for easy writing.
- Lowercase Beginning Handwriting Worksheets and Uppercase Beginning Handwriting Worksheets from The Measured Mom – A classic letter tracing printable to add to your homeschooling arcinale.
Free Preschool Homeschool Number Printables
Just as with learning letter recognition, number recognition does well with repetition and games for young learners.
- 100 Number Charts from Contented at Home – A simple 1 to 100 number chart.
- 1-20 African Animals Coloring Pages from Itsy Bitsy Fun – Learn letter recognition while coloring some animals from the African wild.
- 1-20 Pattern Block Cards (Black and White) from Confessions of a Homeschooler – Make sure to print two of each of these so you have the sheet and the pattern blocks to work with. A fun worksheet that they they color and make their own.
- 1-20 Pattern Block Cards (Color) from Confessions of a Homeschooler – A color version of the previous printable.
- Crayons 100s Chart from 123 Homeschool 4 Me – A fun and easy way to focus on colors and numbers.
- Ladybug Number Flashcards 1-10 & Ladybug Number Flashcards 11-20 from Mr. Printables – A cute classic number flashcard for 1-20.
- Number Practice Worksheets: Numbers 1-5 & Number Practice Worksheets: Numbers 6-10 from Free Homeschool Deals – Cute number practice printables that helps to get kids to recognize numbers in a variety of ways.
- Lego Duplo Number Cards from One Beautiful Home – Help kids with number recognition and spatial reasoning by building number together with Lego Duplo blocks.
- Printable Number Cards from Mama’s Learning Corner – A set of basic printable number cards in either basic black, with red tens, or rainbow colors.
- Printable Number Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Printable mats are a great way to incorporate things like Playdough, stickers, and buttons into your child’s learning.
Free Do-A-Dot Preschool Homeschool Printables
Do-A-Dot printables are a fun and mess free way to work on letter recognition and fine motor skills all at once.
- Transportation Toys Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Ocean Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Do-a-Dot Mystery Image Game from One Beautiful Home
- Farm Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Christmas Tree Do-a-Dot Card from Contented at Home
- Fire Fighter Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Do-a-Dot Mini Marker Pages from Making Learning Fun
- Ant Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Insects Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Alphabet Do-a-Dot Printables from Homeschool Creations
- Robot Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
- Apple Do-a-Dot Printables from Gift of Curiosity
Free Printable Calendar and Planning Notebook Printables
From monthly reading trackers to cute little daily calendar notebooks, these free printable resources will help to keep your and your young learner on track.
- Calendar Notebook Printables from Homeschool Creations
- Calendar Binder from Motherhood on a Dime
- Calendar Notebook Binder Printables from Primary Theme Park
- Calendar Notebook from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
- Daily Calendar Notebook from Intentional by Grace
Fine Motor Skills Printables
Working on fine motor skills can often be overlooked when it comes to preschool homeschool printables. Promote fine motor skills by using things like scissors and Q-Tips.
- Free Q-Tip Prewriting Printables from 3 Dinosaurs
- Prewriting Practice Solid and Dashed Printables from 3 Dinosaurs
- Printable Pre-Writing Cards from My Little Bookcase
- Prewriting Practice Printables from 3 Dinosaurs
- Scissor Skills Packet from Mama’s Learning Corner
- Cutting Practice Strips from Royal Baloo
- Cutting Practice Worksheets from Mama’s Learning Corner
- Scissor Skills Worksheets from All Kids Network
Free Pattern Block Preschool Homeschool Printables
Working with patterns creates the building blocks of many other skills. These free block pattern worksheets include some really fun, themed printables from safari animals to snowflakes!
- Christmas Pattern Block Mats from PreKinders
- Pattern Block Mats from PreKinders
- Pattern Block Activity Cards from Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Pattern Block Printables from Mama’s Learning Corner
- Pattern Block Safari from PreKinders
- Pattern Block Templates from Jessica
- Snowflake Pattern Block Mats from PreKinders
- Transportation Pattern Block Mats from PreKinders