One-skillet meals are great for weeknights. They feed the whole family AND there are fewer dishes to do! Because really, who wants to do a sink full of dishes after a busy day? Not this mama! This one-skillet mozzarella chicken thigh dinner will quickly become a family favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission or other benefit at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Daily Change Jar.
Want access to the Free Printables Library with loads of resources for saving money, making a side income, and managing the money you already have? Enter your info below to get instant access to all the FREE goodies!
Mozzarella Chicken Thigh One-Skillet Dinner
Grab your skillet and get cooking! I love how fresh and hearty this recipe is at the same time. The addition of multi-colored cherry tomatoes just gives me the farmer’s market feels. While the fresh mozzarella leads a creaminess to it. 🤤
If you can’t find multi-colored cherry tomatoes, no worries. Just substitute for regular cherry tomatoes, or smaller, regular tomatoes.
Don’t forget to add a fresh sprig of basil for that authentic Italian dinner feel.
This pairs perfectly with a low carb side, such as Easy Keto Garlic and Chive Cauliflower Mash.
This simple to make one-skillet dinner with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes is the perfect meal to showcase beautiful, fresh produce. Even better, you can have it on the table in about 30 minutes!
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 T. Italian seasoning, divided
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. chicken broth, organic if possible
- 1/2 c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 t. red pepper flakes
- Optional garnish: sprigs of basil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from the heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, fi desired.
- Transfer skillet into preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh sprigs of basil, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 224mg Sodium: 550mg Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 44g