I have been all about incorporating healthier recipes into my family’s meal plan.
This easy keto garlic and chive mashed cauliflower is a great addition to pair with any other protein or entrée. The best part..my kids love it too!
Simple Budget Planner
Sign up and get instant access to our FREE Simple Monthly Budget Planner!
Easy Keto Garlic and Chive Mashed Cauliflower
I also love the versatility of this recipe. If you want to make it even more keto and get in some more fat, you can simply add some cream cheese, sour cream, and or bacon bits.
There is a great flea market about 45 minutes from our house. We try and make it at least once per summer (not easy with all the kids…). We recently went last weekend and found our favorite purple cauliflower!
We bought four heads of it and I am so excited to blanch it, freeze it, and use it for some upcoming recipes! They also had some yellow cauliflower (which now I regret not getting any, boo!). But if you can get your hands on some purple cauliflower, DON’T hesitate to buy some!
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- sea salt &; black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is an estimation.