I have been all about incorporating healthier recipes into my family’s meal plan. This easy keto garlic and chive mashed cauliflower is a great addition to pair with any other protein or entrée. The best part..my kids love it too!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission or other benefit at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Daily Change Jar.
Want access to the Free Printables Library with loads of resources for saving money, making a side income, and managing the money you already have? Enter your info below to get instant access to all the FREE goodies!
Easy Keto Garlic and Chive Mashed Cauliflower
I also love the versatility of this recipe. If you want to make it even more keto and get in some more fat, you can simply add some cream cheese, sour cream, and or bacon bits.
There is a great flea market about 45 minutes from our house. We try and make it at least once per summer (not easy with all the kids…). We recently went last weekend and found our favorite purple cauliflower!
We bought four heads of it and I am so excited to blanch it, freeze it, and use it for some upcoming recipes! They also had some yellow cauliflower (which now I regret not getting any, boo!). But if you can get your hands on some purple cauliflower, DON’T hesitate to buy some!
This flavorful cauliflower mash pairs great with a wide range of beef, pork, chicken, and other plant-based entrees. Plus, it comes together in less than 30 minutes, so it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want to get in a healthy dinner without spending all night in the kitchen.
- 1 medium cauliflower head, florets only
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- sea salt &; black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets and the garlic cloves into a steamer basket set over a pot of gently boiling water. Cover and steam until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender and add the olive oil, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings, as desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh chives before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is an estimation.