The keto diet is all the rage right now, and with good reason. You can lose a lot of weight and still eat foods that you love! I love this easy keto egg roll in a bowl because of all the fresh ingredients. It’s filling but make you feel good at the same time.
Simple Budget Planner
Sign up and get instant access to our FREE Simple Monthly Budget Planner!
It works great for this recipe and things like stirfry where you need a lot of room to cook all of those delicious veggies!
The addition of coconut aminos adds an additional healthy punch while giving that traditional oriental flair.
You can make this a quick weeknight meal by cooking the pork in advance and freezing it for when you are ready to add the veggies.
If you really want to save on time and not have to worry about cutting up all the veggies, then opt for a bag of coleslaw instead.
A great addition to this recipe is to top with some toasted sesame seeds. It adds that extra bit of flair and sesame seeds of full of essential vitamins and minerals.
Related: Loaded Keto Cauliflower Au Gratin
Related: Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 1 1/4 lbs. spicy bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 c. water
- 3 c. green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 2 T. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 t. fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 T. green onion, chopped
- 1 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. coconut aminos or tamari
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks. for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once the sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from the pan.
- Safety Tip: Wipe off the excess fat that drips down the sides of the pan before returning to the burner.
- Return the skillet to the heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, garlic powder, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook stirring frequently, until cabbage wilts and the carrots soften approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1087mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
All nutritional information is an estimation.