Kale is such a versatile green. You can use it in salads, soups, smoothies, and even make chips with it! These crispy kale chips are such a great alternative to carb-filled potato chips and give you just as much satisfaction. Even better, they are GOOD for you! What more could you ask for in a snack food?!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission or other benefit at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Daily Change Jar.
Want access to the Free Printables Library with loads of resources for saving money, making a side income, and managing the money you already have? Enter your info below to get instant access to all the FREE goodies!
Keto, Gluten-Free, and Vegan Crispy Kale Chips!
I first tried making kale chips when I was doing the raw food diet and dehydrated them instead of baking them. It is a long process but they turn out just as well.
This is a very simple olive oil and seasoning kind of recipe, however, you can get really creative with making kale chips.
When I first tried kale chips, they were a raw, “cheesy” version made with nutritional yeast and cashews. They were seriously SOOO good! You can also make a sauce using things like roasted red peppers.
A word of caution though, these chips are very delicate, so make sure you don’t just stick them in a plastic bag, you will be left with nothing but crumbs, tasty tasty crumbs…
It is recommended that you line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, such as a Silpat mat. This makes cleanup a breeze and also helps get that great crispy crunch you want!
If you're looking for a healthy and satisfying alternative to fried potato chips, you are in the right place! These crispy kale chips are super easy to make, and you can eat them without guilt!
- 2 large bunches kale, tough stems removed and torn into chunks
- 1 1/2-2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. ground cumin
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper of a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- Wash the kale leaves and dry COMPLETELY before adding to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to combine while rubbing each leaf with your fingers to make sure it is evenly coated in oil.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cumin on top of kale and season with sea salt, to taste. Toss until evenly combined.
- Arrange seasoned kale leaves on prepared baking sheet a in a single layer, being careful to not overcrowd them. Work in batched, if necessary.
- Place baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 5-6 minutes before rotating the pan. Bake for another 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove chips from the oven when they are still mostly green, with only a tiny bit of brown developing.
- Let chips sit for 2-3 minutes to crisp up a bit more before serving. Enjoy!
You can also make raw kale chips int he dehydrator and they turn out just as good. The reason you might want to make them in the dehydrator is that they retain more of their nutrients, specifically enzymes, than when they are baked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 164mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g