This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of the product links, I’ll receive a commission or other benefit at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Daily Change Jar.
4 Online Survey sites for extra monthly income!
Surveys are a great way to earn a quick extra cash. Paid online survey sites are not only easy but can be pretty lucrative.
It’s not going to make you a millionaire, but it can help bring in a few extra bucks a month to help pay bills or save up for that vacation you have been wanting to take.It’s not going to make you a millionaire, but it can help bring in a few extra bucks a month! Click To Tweet
There really is no limit to how many survey sites you can sign up for, and they all offer a little something different. So go ahead and sign up for as many survey sites as you want.
Like I said before, it’s not going to make you rich, but an extra $100 a month can really make a difference!
The work is super easy and it can be done from home or while sitting in the car (on your smartphone of course) waiting for your kids to get out of school.
Below are some tips and tricks for using surveys as a side hustle, plus a list of reputable companies to join for FREE!
Sign up for as many FREE survey sites as you can get your hands on!
Now I’m not great at math, but common sense tells me the more survey companies you are signed up for, the more surveys you can do, which equals more money!
Well, duh! Sign up for a bunch then!
Some of these companies may only send you a few surveys a month, so the more you are signed up for, the more you can make! You can sign up for the ones listed below easily, and if it only takes a few minutes, why not?!
All of the companies listed below are legit, easy to use, and are a simple way to earn extra money! Plus these are all ones that I have personally used and earned money from.
A few tips before you get started!
Don’t lie-it won’t help!
So as someone who took statistics in college and has conducted surveys, it is CRITICAL that you be honest when answering the demographic questions when initially signing up for the surveys.
Essentially, the companies will use this information when gathering and analyzing their data, way too technical to go into here ;-).
Besides, if you lie in the demographics section, you might actually end up hurting yourself rather than helping yourself.
Avoiding Scammers and Shady sites
Of course, I have verified all of the aforementioned sites before recommending them to you! However, I get emails all the time asking if certain sites are legit. Unfortunately, there are the scammy, crappy people and sites out there that are just looking to take your money and your personal information. Don’t let this happen to you.
Here are some red flags that a site may just be out to scam you and steal your money or identity:
- Does it sound too good to be true? Well, then it probably is. It is HIGHLY unlikely that you will earn a full-time income just from taking surveys. Surveys are meant to supplement and earn you some side income, anything that promises a “get rich quick” type scenario is a SCAM-steer clear!
- Are they asking you for money? Hello! We are trying to make money here, not spend it! If someone is asking you to pay to take a survey, they are most likely just trying to scam you 🙁
- Did you actually sign up? I’m sure you have heard for phishing-if not, let me give you a quick overview. People somehow get ahold of your email and send you some BS email asking for your personal information for this or that…DELETE IT! Create a simple spreadsheet or jot down somewhere the survey sites you signed up for and ONLY open emails from them.
I use a simple spreadsheet to keep track of everything when it comes to survey sites. What the site is, how many points I need to cash in, other rewards available, my current points totals, etc…
Before you get started, know this…
- These are all FREE survey sites-refer to the aforementioned red flags 🙂
- They don’t require a credit card. You may eventually need to link a PayPal or similar account in order to get your payouts.
- Always make sure you check your email after signing up for the sites to confirm your membership, most survey sites have double opt-ins.
- Also, a lot of the different sites, particularly the ones listed below have a $5 sign on bonus-take advantage of that!
Listed below are the survey sites that I mentioned before and ones that I have personally used. So sign up-for FREE– and start earning some extra money today!
PrizeRebel offers a couple different ways to earn, you can take surveys, watch videos, or complete tasks.
You can get rewarded with either cash, gift cards, or enter to win items like game systems. You can also enter to win contests and invite others to join and be awarded points.
SwagBucks is similar to PrizeRebel as you earn points for a variety of activities, which you can then redeem for gift cards or get cash back through PayPal.
Already shop online? Of course, you do! Earn SwagBucks (points) while shopping online and getting access to exclusive deals and coupons. Of course, there are always surveys to answer.
You can also watch videos, discover offers, search the web using Yahoo and play games. There is even an app for those that are always on the go!
There is also a $5 signup bonus when you sign up through the link below and confirm your email.
You can potentially earn up to $250 per month on this platform, Wowza!
With OpinionOutpost you can take surveys and redeem points for cash via Paypal (100 points = $10), Amazon or iTunes gift cards, and prize drawings, to name a few.
For example, the first survey I got in my email took 10 minutes and I earned 5 points! Not too shabby 🙂
InboxDollars is another fun and easy to use survey platform.
You can earn rewards by watching TV, taking surveys, playing games, or shopping!
InboxDollars partners with trusted retail brands such as Target, Walmart, technology like Netflix, and others like H&R Block and Publisher’s Clearing House.
The minimum payout amount is $30, but is pretty easy to reach. You get a $5 sign on bonus just for confirming your email and you can see how much you will earn in advance for each task-like try a free trial of GameFly and get $4. Just make sure you are keeping track of any free trials you may be participating in, remember you are trying to save money here, not spend it.
Just make sure you are keeping track of any free trials you may be participating in, remember you are trying to save money here, not spend it.
Use the link below to sign up and get a quick $5 bonus after confirming your email. Plus they have a easy to use app for taking surveys on the go!
You can potentially earn up to $180 a month on this platform!
Easy Side Income!
Enter your name and email and grab the Make Side Income with Online Survey Sites! Earn some extra cash with just a few minutes a day!
Other tips for making money with online surveys:
- So I get a lot of emails, probably doesn’t help that I have like 12 email address for various things. So in order to keep my emails organized, I suggest that you either set up a separate email account just for this type of stuff so you don’t have a wade through 1,000 emails to find your survey ones. Or you can setup your Gmail account to automatically put emails from certain addresses into specific folders. This works well because you don’t have to worry about setting up another email and makes it easy to find. Just pop into the specific Gmail folder a few times a week and see what surveys are available to take.
- Also, make sure you already have a PayPal account setup and link this as your preferred payment method to your survey accounts. I have notifications for all of this right on my phone. That is the BEST sound in the world when there is a deposit into your PayPal, there is a nice little “cha-ching,” it never gets old!
- Keep your survey info organized in a spreadsheet. Yes, I am super anal about being organized like that. Some may even say obsessive. 🙂 This may seem like overkill, but I sign up for free trials knowing that I don’t want to add another monthly expense to my budget, you know just so I can get reward points for the survey platforms. Shh…that is our little secret 😉 Simply create a spreadsheet where each survey platform has its own tab and within that you can track how many points or rewards you are earning, any free trials you may be participating it, when they end, payout minimums, accounts or cards you have attached to anything. Again, I know this may seem tedious, but you will thank me when you are not being surprised by a $40 monthly payment for a free trial that you forgot to cancel.
- Lastly, doing online surveys is super easy and doesn’t have to take a lot of time. However, if you want to transition to working at home full time this is a great time to work on your time management. Set aside 10, 30, or 60 minutes per day, whatever works best for you and stick with it. If you truly want to start seeing a difference in your finances and want to work from home you need to be consistent and set a schedule! One of the ways I started was when my daughter was in dance class for an hour, I would sit and do online surveys. I had to sit there anyway, so why not be productive and do something that is going to make me some money!
There you have it, quick and easy ways to make money with online surveys. This is a super easy side hustle to get started and you can earn cash fairly quickly.
What are some online survey platforms that you have tried? Have you cashed in on any rewards or other goodies. Remember sharing is caring!
The Frugal Girl's Guide to Meal Planning
Enter your name and email and grab The Frugal Girl's Guide to Meal Planning like a Boss! Save time and money by meal planning the easy way!